Parent Tips For Facilitating Language In The Home
1. Speak with your child often using a rich and varied vocabulary.
2. Always speak in a normal rate and in complete sentences.
3. Allow time for processing. Do not finish your child’s sentences.
4. Repeat yourself when necessary without showing frustration.
5. Inquire about your child’s interest. e.g. books, crafting sports, etc
6. Encourage your child to support their responses with reasons/evidence.
7. Explain figurative language & common expressions.
8. Practice making predictions and inferences. e.g. during book reading ask “what if?” or what might happen next?”
9. Encourage your child to elaborate, and don’t accept a simple yes/no responses.
Visit Us Today!
Our class sizes are small and places are limited. To avoid disappointment, please contact us to secure a place for your child or to book a tour with our Director.